Location: Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, 2350 NE Hopkins Court, Pullman, WA
This meeting is open to the NWPP Membership and anyone new and interested in the electric utility industry. This meeting will not be live streamed. Some recordings may be available after the meeting.
Registration is now closed! There is still room for a few more. Contact Dana Reedy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
August 28, 2018 - 9;00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (NWPP Hosted Lunch Included)
- Welcome, Frank Afranji, President, NWPP
- Introductions, and Meeting Arrangements, Dana Reedy, NWPP
- SEL Introduction/Presentation, Dave Whitehead, COO, SEL
- NWPP video/GMD/Space Weather & NWPP videos, Chris Sakr, NWPP
- Vanadium Flow Battery Technologies, Kenny Dillon, Avista
- History of Power System Analysis, Tracy Rolstad, Avista
- Distributed Computing, Rich Maguire, Avista
- Bit Coin Mining in Montana, Chelsea Loomis, NWE
- Colstrip Shutdown Studies, Colstrip Partners (AVA, NWE, PSE, etc)
- Driving Relays from Software, James O’Brien, PNNL
- FERC Order 845 discussion
- Wrap up, Status of NWPP, What do we want from this forum?
August 29, 2018 - 8:30 a.m. to Noon (NWPP Hosted Lunch)
- SEL Factory Floor
- SEL Laboratory
- UET Battery
This meeting will be conducted under standard business practices and procedures. Business casual attire is acceptable.
For questions regarding meeting registration and or content please contact Dana Reedy (Dana@nwpp.org / 503.445.1082).