The Northwest Power Pool (NWPP) is pleased to announce the 2017 Engineers Forum hosted at NorthWestern Energy - Butte General Office, 11 East Park St. Butte, MT 59701. This meeting is open to the NWPP Membership and anyone new and interested in the electric utility industry.
Please mark your calendars and get registered to participate!
Registration Cutoff date is September 1, 2017
September 20, 2017 - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (NWPP Hosted Lunch Included)
- Welcome, Introductions, and Meeting Arrangements - Dana Reedy, Northwest Power Pool corp
- Welcome to the Future - Fred Heutte, NW Energy Coalition
- Battery/Modular Energy Storage Architecture (MESA) - Jason Zyskowski, Snohomish, PUD
- Battery Technologies - Christopher Lynn, Tuson Electric & TBD California ISO
- Gordon Butte Pumped Storage Hudro - Rhett Hurless, Absoroka Energy & Bill Pascoe, Pascoe Energy
- Wind Integration - Candace S. Neufeld, NaturEner COO & Jamie Lynn Bussin, NaturEner
- Modeling New Technologies - Tracy Rolstad, Avista Corp
- Lessons Learned from the Eclipse - Gary DeShazo, California ISO
- Planning for Unpredictable Futures - Bradley Bell and Chifong Thomas, SmartWires
- Top 5 Things Engineers Should Know - Panel to include Chelsea Loomis (Northwestern), John Martinsen (Snohomish County PUD), Jared Ellsworth (Idaho Power), and Don Badley (NWPP corp)
September 21, 2017 - 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (NWPP Hosted Box Lunches)
- Montana Resources Copper Mine Tour & NorthWestern Energy Control Center
If you plan to participate, please complete the registration accordingly, thank you. Once attendance numbers are established, more details will be provided regarding transportation to and from these areas.
This meeting will be conducted under standard business practices and procedures. Business casual attire is acceptable.
If you plan to attend this meeting please complete the online Meeting Registration. Registration will close Friday, September 1, 2017. Please email email@example.com if you desire to register beyond this date.
In order to best accommodate all meeting participants, registration is required!
You may arrive to the NorthWestern Energy Butte Generarl Office for meeting check-in no earlier than 7:30 a.m.
The meeting will begin at 9:00 a.m. Please plan for a timely arrival and check-in, your consideration is appreciated.
Although there are several local area hotels, the following are recommended hotels that NorthWestern has negotiated rates with for your consideration:
Hampton Inn @ $99/night plus applicable taxes and fees.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites $109/night Single/Double or $119/night Business Suite plus applicable taxes and fees.
Maps and Parking
The NorthWestern Energy - Butte General Office is located at 11 East Park St. Butte, MT 59701. Please see the pdf of the Butte MT Downtown Park Map (further down below) detailing where parking is available.
For questions regarding meeting registration and or content please contact ChaRee DiFabio (firstname.lastname@example.org / 503.445.1079).