The Northwest Power Pool (NWPP) is pleased to announce the 2017 Engineers Forum hosted at NorthWestern Energy - Butte General Office, 11 East Park St. Butte, MT 59701. This meeting is open to the NWPP Membership and anyone new and interested in the electric utility industry.
Please mark your calendars and get registered to participate!
Registration Cutoff date is September 1, 2017
September 20, 2017 - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (NWPP Hosted Lunch Included)
- Welcome, Introductions, and Meeting Arrangements - ChaRee DiFabio, Northwest Power Pool corp
- Welcome to the Future - Fred Heutte, NW Energy Coalition
- Battery/Modular Energy Storage Architecture (MESA) - Jason Zyskowski, Snohomish, PUD
- Battery Technologies - Christopher Lynn, Tuson Electric Power
- Gordon Butte Pumped Storage Hudro - Rhett Hurless, Absoroka Energy & Bill Pascoe, Pascoe Energy
- Wind Integration - Candace S. Neufeld, NaturEner COO & Jamie Lynn Bussin, NaturEner
- Modeling New Technologies - Tracy Rolstad, Avista Corp
- Lessons Learned from the Eclipse - Gary DeShazo, California ISO
- Planning for Unpredictable Futures - Bradley Bell and Chifong Thomas, SmartWires
- Top 5 Things Engineers Should Know - Panel to include Chelsea Loomis (Northwestern), Casey Johnston (NorthWestern), John Martinsen (Snohomish County PUD), Jared Ellsworth (Idaho Power), and Don Badley (NWPP corp)
September 21, 2017 - 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (NWPP Hosted Lunch Included)
Montana Resources Copper Mine Tour & NorthWestern Energy Control Center Tour
Transportation has been arranged for. A bus will plan to pick folks up from two different locations:
- Pick-up location #1 at 0800 - the Hampton Inn (3499 Harrison Avenue, Butt, MT 59701)
- Pick-up location #2 at 0815 - the Holiday In Express and Suites (2609 Harrison Avenue, Butte, MT 59701
The bus will depart from location #2 by 0830 to head out to Montana Resources (600 Shields, Butte, MT)
Montana Resources staff has requested anyone who plans to participate on the tour wear close-toed shoes. High heeled shoes should be avoided. Any associated personal protective equipment will be provided to you by Montana Resources. This tour will be complete just prior to 1100.
The bus will then depart from this tour and go directly to NorthWestern's Control Center for their respective tour. Box lunches will be provided to all around noon. After lunch (1240) the bus will deliver all individuals to their initial respective pick-up locations.
This meeting will be conducted under standard business practices and procedures. Business casual attire is acceptable.
If you plan to attend this meeting please complete the online Meeting Registration. Registration will close Friday, September 1, 2017. Please email email@example.com if you desire to register beyond this date.
In order to best accommodate all meeting participants, registration is required!
You may arrive to the NorthWestern Energy Butte Generarl Office for meeting check-in no earlier than 7:30 a.m.
The meeting will begin at 9:00 a.m. Please plan for a timely arrival and check-in, your consideration is appreciated.
Although there are several local area hotels, the following are recommended hotels that NorthWestern has negotiated rates with for your consideration:
Hampton Inn @ $99/night plus applicable taxes and fees.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites $109/night Single/Double or $119/night Business Suite plus applicable taxes and fees.
Maps and Parking
The NorthWestern Energy - Butte General Office is located at 11 East Park St. Butte, MT 59701. Please see the pdf of the Butte MT Downtown Park Map (further down below) detailing where parking is available.
For questions regarding meeting registration and or content please contact ChaRee DiFabio (firstname.lastname@example.org / 503.445.1079).