Unfornately this event has been cancelled due to low registration numbers. We apologize for any inconvenience but do hope to host this event next year. Stay tuned.
The Northwest PowerPool corporation & American Powers Dispatchers Association are pleased to be co-hosting a Joint System Dispatchers conference.
This conference is scheduled to be held in the NWPP Conference Rooms located at 7505 NE Ambassador Place, Suite R, Portland, OR 97220.
Sunday, June 3rd, 2018
1730-2200 APDA NW Area Suite – open for registration and greetings.
Monday, June 4th, 2018
0800-1200 Introduction to Critical Thinking, Michael Cassiadoro – Total Reliability Solutions
8 NERC CEHs
1200-1300 Lunch – Hosted by the NWPP
1400-1700 Introduction to Critical Thinking, Michael Cassiadoro - Continued
1830-2000 Dinner at Salty’s on the Columbia River (optional)
2000-2300 APDA NW Area Suite - open for after-dinner gathering.
- Training will be held at the NWPP offices, at 7505 NE Ambassador Place, Suite R, Portland, OR
- Please arrive on time for prompt start at 0800 at the NWPP.
- Morning and afternoon snacks and refreshments, and lunch, will be provided by the NWPP.
- The APDA NW Suite will be located at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, just around the corner from the NWPP, and one train stop from the airport at 7900 NE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR (503) 460-3000.
- The NWPP will be arranging for transportation to Salty’s on the Columbia for dinner.
- Reservations will be made for the group, but individuals will be responsible for their own bill and tip (recommended 18% for a large group).
Tuesday, June 5th, 2018
0800-10:30 Restoration Concepts – Peak Reliability
2.5 NERC CEH
1100-1200 NW APDA Business meeting
1200-1300 Lunch – hosted by the NWPP
1300-1700 Control Room Tour – Peak Reliability
Transportation will be provided.
To register for this event, please download the attached forms and follow the instructions for submittal to David Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note registration fees are required by all attendees in order to compensate the trainer(s) for their time and resources.
The following is a listing of hotels near the Northwest Power Pool corporate office. Listed are the normal types of rooms available and the standard rate quoted as of April, 2018. These rates and rooms are reserved on an "availability" status by the applicable hotel.
- 2-Room Suite Rate: 18% of top corporate rate, currently $219 per night plus occupancy tax.
- When making reservations please be sure the hotel is informed of the Corporate Name, Northwest Power Pool, and the Corporate ID number: 0002771963.
- Standard rate currently $189 to $259 per night plus occupancy tax.
- NWPP 10% discount rate code: NWTPR
- As a local business teh NWPP corporation receives a 15% discount of the best available rate at time of occupancy.
- Standard rate currently $189- $259 per night plus occupancy tax.
- NWPP 10% discount rate code: NWTPR
- Club Level Rate: $139/night Nov-Apr, and $169/night May-Oct plus 14.5% occupancy tax per night
When making a reservation by phone or through Sheraton’s website use the rate code: 386880
- Standard Room Rate: $129-$149 (varies data to day) plus occupancy tax per night
The NWPP offices are located near the first stop from the airport.
7505 NE Ambassador Place
Portland, OR 97220
If you take the MAX train; it is located at the South end of the Baggage Claim Area and costs $3, and you get off at the very first stop from the airport, Mt Hood, just off NE Cascades Pkwy.
If you have any questions regarding this conference please contact Harlan Tallman, NWPP @ 503.445.1086 or email@example.com or David Bennett, APDA NW Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org (work) or email@example.com (home)